Every year the Experimentory provides tuition grants to some of its students in order to make their participation possible. This year's deadline to apply for financial assistance is February 1st, 2020. Today we'll be examining the Financial Aid process.
Who is Eligible to Apply for Financial Aid?
The Experimentory invites any domestic families with a financial need to apply for aid. Financial Aid applicants also need to be simultaneously accepted into the Experimentory itself. We offer grants for two week, four week, day and boarding students.
What do Families Need to Do?
- Complete and submit your Experimentory Application by Feb 1.
- Keep in mind that in order for an application to be complete, we need all requirements in -- teacher recommendation, school report, transcript, and creative response in addition to the online Application.
- Complete a Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) on the School and Student Services (SSS) website by Feb 1.
- There will be a fee of $51.
- Be sure to upload all required supporting documents to the SSS Portal. Do not send them directly to the Experimentory.
- Read this letter from our Director of Financial Aid, Melissa Persons, for more information.
What Determines Our Grant Amount?
We begin with the amount SSS suggests your family can contribute to educational expenses. Their recommendations help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. All aid grants are based on the demonstrated relative need of a family, following the Financial Aid policies and procedures of the Experimentory and SSS.
There are two specific policies and procedures worth noting here. First, we do not award grants that cover the entire cost of the program. Second, we prioritize grants to students attending the Experimentory for the first time. This is not at all to say that returners shouldn't apply for aid -- please do! But your grant may be limited if you are returning for a second year, and we do not offer aid to students attending a third year.
Students who are admissible but who we cannot fund will receive a Waitlist decision.
What is the Timeline?
- Experimentory Applications and Financial Aid Applications are due by February 1.
- We will notify families of whether their student has been accepted into the program and the size of their grant by February 15.
- Families must confirm their participation in the Experimentory by completing an Enrollment agreement and remitting a deposit by March 1.
Completing a Financial Aid application for the first time can feel overwhelming. If you have any questions or concerns that aren't addressed above, please feel free to reach out to us. When completing our Schedule a Call form, be sure to mention that your question pertains to Financial Aid.
And keep in mind that any student with a fully completed Experimentory Application by January 5 will receive a free Exp Frisbee if they are admitted to the program!
|We're ready to go - are you ready to join us?|