If someone asks "What is most important in determining the success of the Experimentory each year?" the answer is clear: our students. But almost as important are our classes. Students attend the Experimentory to sample Deerfield Academy while maximizing their creativity and character. Our courses are where those goals become a practical reality.
Which is why we are very pleased that our Summer 2019 course lineup will be our largest yet, covering a wide range of arts, sciences and humanities.
As always, Experimentory courses are interdisciplinary, project-based, and creative. They are also taught by Deerfield teachers -- an essential part of the Deerfield Experience. And they are also designed to be fun, fun, fun!
Our 2019 Courses:
- 13.8 Billion Years: Big History
- Augmented Morality: Tech Ethics
- Finding Your Voice: Public Speaking
- From Blinking Cursor to Glossy Page: Creating a Literary Magazine
- Functional Art: Architectural Sketching and Design
- The Great American Musical: Musical Theatre
- Lab Coat Jerseys: The Science of Sports
- Makerspace: Creative Problem Solving
- Speak for the Trees: Environmental Citizenship
- Take the Stage: Performance on the Stage
- Your First Drop: Lyric Writing and Video Production
If you visit our Courses page you'll find a short description of each course.
Does this list make you as excited as we are about next summer? Then let's talk about that most important factor in our summer -- becoming a student.